Tuesday, August 16, 2011

2 baby squirrels - 2 parents = Me helping... (again!)

 This morning I woke up expecting to be playing on my Dsi XL, or watching Youtube videos. all day... I did little of what I expected...


        Around 11:30AM today, I was up and about making Daisy(my Aussie), Cody(my Ginger cat), and I some breakfast, I made a hamburger for me, tuna for the cat, and some cooked beef for the dog. While I was cleaning up the mess they made, I heard loud squeals coming from out back. I though they were birds chirping. So I went outside to see what type of bird it was, only it wasn't one, it was two, and they weren't birds, they were two poor helpless toddler squirrels, crawling, and screeching, at the bottom of one of my two palm trees. This happened last night too. Except, it was just one baby squirrel, so my dad and I waited and waited tending to the baby until one of it's parents came and took it back up the 50ft high tree. But now I'm alone and there is nobody to help me with these 2 babies, not even their parent, so I'm sitting outside with the laptop, starting a blog, waiting for something to happen.
     The two squirrels, are huddled up next to each other in a cardboard box at the base of the tree...
 This is NOT the 1st time this has happened. This is the 5th. All from the SAME EXACT TREE. Because of this my dad has chosen to trim most of the branches from the tree so squirrels can't nest up there, for it is to dangerous, with how high it is, and all the thorns on the branches....
      

No comments:

Post a Comment